Welcome to my blog! Keeping family and friends updated and involved in our life is not always easy, until now!
Thanks to technology now we can keep in touch! Hope you enjoy, and blog at you soon!
xoxo April

Friday, April 27, 2012

It's been a while.

Wow! It's been a year since my last post... I guess life has gotten the best of me. As I sit here, holding Lexi... (It seems to be what I do a lot these days) Im thinking of how much our life has been blessed, and changed. A lot has changed in ways I never thought would. But it's making us a stronger family, and most important teaching us how to really be more humble. I'm still searching for answers through God, and I do have to admit that I feel like I have lost my way in the journey. I strive to be a woman of god, and to serve in gods way, I just don't know how right now. That feeling of being lost is the biggest part I'm struggling with. I would so love to have Alex by my side in going to church and raising a Christian family. But I understand if he is not wanting to do that right now. You have to want it for yourself not for someone else, and then you will really know how much more amazing life can be with god holding your hand. I too, need to remember this and want this for myself. A lot of my friends are preggo with baby number 2 and ask me... How is it with 2? Life with 2, It's different than 1 that's for sure. It's challenging most of the time. Only because I have to split my attention to both children now and before it was all about Abbey. Abbey is testing me too, "how much can I get away with? How many buttons can I push." I feel like all I do is yell lately. I know this isn't always true, but at night when Abbey is asleep all I hear in my head is the resonating yells from earlier that day and I feel horrible. Then I have Lexi, who I am the sole caregiver right now, since I got the milk, and smell that she wants to be near. She screams at me about 1/2 the time she is awake. Which by the way is so completely different than Abbey, the perfect baby. I dont know what to do with her most of the time. Im just exhausted. But when abbey says something priceless, that I wish I would just write down or had a video camera for, and she comes up to me and says "I love you mama", then having 2 is all worth it. And Lexi's smile and little giggle, that I know is probably just gas, but I pretend it's towards me, then having 2 is all worth it. My advice, which I have barrowed from a friend, remember your children are human to. They are entitled to a bad day once in a while too. It's ok to have a mommy time out every once in a while, and don't forget to connect with other adults around you. If all I do during a bad day is watch movies and hold the baby, it doesn't make me a bad mom, it makes me human. At least every night my kids go to sleep knowing they are loved to the fullest and in return I know they love me. Oh and when your 2 yr old looks at you and says "I hate you mama", they really have no idea what they are saying or how those words make people feel, so don't take it personal. - it's amazing that I've learned this just in the last 7 weeks. I can't wait to see what I learn in the next 18 years. As I have a meoment to write this, and although I really should be taking a shower while there is a calm in the storm,I realize that this might be Gods plan all a long. Ok that's just obvious that it was his plan but I just realized it. This might just be another push for me to use him on becoming a better mother and in turn a better woman of god. To glorify him in my kids and my self in this journey of parenthood. Well with that said, off to shower and return to my life as mom, since a this moment of silence in my home is going to come to a quick end once Lexi notices I'm not within 5-10 feet of her. Until my next post... Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh my Love. I can't believe what a strong and insightful woman you have become. God made woman and assigned us the task of bringing the children into the world for a reason. He/She knows that only woman are strong enough to bear the burden of raising the next generation. To be strong enough to take the little people and teach them about life, love, struggle, kindness, strength, compassion, humility and wisdom. The words you expressed are so familiar to me as your Mother. I can relate to them as if it were yesterday and not 28 years ago. Raising our children is a process of give and take. We give them our knowledge of how to be a good human and they challenge us to be honest, truthful and consistent. by trying out their thoughts and ideas on "Mom" like "I hate you" they get to see how you respond and learn how this affects others. They have no idea what this means.... they hear the other kids say it....what better way to learn than to throw it out there and see what happens. Remember Abbey is a sponge and you are the water. You get to fill her up with all that things that are important to you. You get to teach her about God through your actions. It's okay to get frustrated and yell as this is a real part of life and she needs to learn how her actions affects others in a safe and protected environment with you and Alex. We have to remember that Men were created to protect and provide the means and ways for us, women, to nurture our babies. He is doing what God made him for. He is as much a part of raising the kids as you are, but he does it differently. When I see you together, it makes me proud and happy to see you with your children and to know what awesome "Parents" you are to those girls.
    I just want you to know how much I love you and I am so proud to be your Mom :).
    All my love, call me anytime you need me!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete