Welcome to my blog! Keeping family and friends updated and involved in our life is not always easy, until now!
Thanks to technology now we can keep in touch! Hope you enjoy, and blog at you soon!
xoxo April

Monday, October 1, 2012

New Job! Majoring in SAHM, and minoring in F/T accounting from home.

Did you read that right? Yes, yes you did! I've taken a leap of faith, and trusted in a small tug at my heart. After 3 yrs of being a full time working mom, I've decided to take a step back and be more involved with my children's lives. I have to say that we have been extremely lucky in the child care that we've had from the very beginning of our parenthood adventure. Not only has our daycare provider been amazing with our children but she also happens to be family. So not only do we get 5 star care but her morals and beliefs in bring up children reflect ours. And let me tell you, that is not an easy find! This decision was extremeky hard for me too, because why would I want to lose such good care?! So your probably thinking why such a dramatic change of course?! Well, lots of reasons, that I think every family of multiple children experience; money is tight, is it worth working for just our kids to be in daycare/school, and most of all, time. Time to be with my children. With Abbey I missed her first steps, her first crawl, and some other firsts... And now Lexi is getting to that "first" stage and you only get a first with your children once in a life time. The "opportunity" arose for me to be able to work from home and after a long time praying about our life and the path we have chosen to go down I feel as though I have made a choice that will reap the most rewards. This might mean that I will be a little more stressed out at times, and I have to create a whole new routine for myself and my kids, but even as I sit down and write this it feels more and more the right decision. I do worry about if I am able to do both. Am I going to be the crazy mom at the store that won't shush my mouth when I see someone I know because I need more adult interaction? Yes probably...but I think I'm ready... I'm excited to be apart of Lexi's firsts and a whole new chapter of firsts for Abbey too, like school!? When did that happen? I have a child old enough to go to school!! (Which totally boggles my mind) I'm also very confident that I will be able to do my "daytime" job just as well as I do now, or maybe even better(?), with the resources that work has given me. I hate to admit it, but in some ways, I've been almost afraid to be a full time mom because I worry if I'm good enough for my children. But now I've realized I'm as good as any other mom, and that I can be the best mom for my kids because I am their mother, and God has given them to me because he trusts in me to raise them. I feel overwhelmed with so much emotion on this new adventure and am extremely grateful for all of the things (good and tough) that brought us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment