Welcome to my blog! Keeping family and friends updated and involved in our life is not always easy, until now!
Thanks to technology now we can keep in touch! Hope you enjoy, and blog at you soon!
xoxo April

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Words of the young one...

Abbey is almost 18 months old now. Every day is an adventure with her. She's becoming such an individual and I'm so excited to be able to watch her grow... She is talking a LOT, not just mumbling words here or there, I'm talking about full on words, clear and direct. She's also developed quite an opinion and attitude. We've been trying to teach her to sit at her table and not walk around while she has a snack. This morning I dropped her off at daycare, while I was talking with my cousin (who is our daycare provider) I asked her to please go sit at the table and eat her snack. She looks at me, walks over to the table and throws her rice cakes on top of the table and then turns around at me and folds her arms with a snare. Where?! Did she get that from!!?? She's definitely testing all boundaries lately. 

Other than the few tantrums a day of dramatically throwing herself on the floor and sobbing, she really is a blast. At times I find I have to leave the room to laugh so she doesn't think she's being praised or encouraged, at other times she sits there and laughs with me. We've really go into have dance party throughout the days I get to be home with her. She's got some groovy moves, we might have some talent on our hands.

Little Mermaid is her choice of movies lately. My favorite part of her watching this, is when Ariel turns into a human. Abbey sings along with Ariel.... Ahhhhhhhhhh, Ahhhhhhhh, Ahhh, Ahhhhhhhhh... and when "Under the sea" comes on she screams "YAAAAY!!!!" She is such a joy to be around and makes life such a blessing.




Here are a handful of words Abbey knows:

Thank you (she's a pro at this one!)
Nummy (yummy)
pweeease (please)
All done
Yup
No and no thank you
Gabbie
Abbey
Apple
Owl
Moooo (cow)
Dog
Cat
Tiger
Monkey
Horse
Rabbit
Duck
Cute
Hippo
Giraff
Eyes
nose
mouth
ears
head...

I'm sure there's more but thats all I can think of at the top of my head. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment