![]() |
| Abbey 1 year old |
Abbey is 13months already. Time sure does fly. I remember her turning 6 months, and my pregnancy felt like it was just yesterday. Now a year has flown by and I barely remember what my it was like to be preggers. Every now and then I remember the little things that made being a mom-to-be hard. Like the never ending, all day, "morning sickness" (by the way whoever came up with that name must have been crazy, cause my sickness was morning, noon and night!) I also remember the fun things, like the feeling of the baby moving and hiccups. And now that I'm going down memory lane there's also the horrible swollen ankles, the strict diet I had to follow because I had gestational diabetes, and the bed rest. Lets just say, my first pregnancy would make some woman never have another. Ok maybe I just answered my question? Am I crazy to want another?
![]() |
| Abbey 2 Weeks Old |
There is definitely a baby bug in the water though, and I think I've had a few glasses.
Here's why the question is lingering Right now...
- We "planned" on getting pregnant around summer time in 2011, but unexpectedly, we won a trip to Mexico for October 2011. So... Do I really want to be pregnant while in Mexico? And really if all goes as planned I'd be 2 - 3 months by then, and the first trimester always stresses me out. A lot can happen in such an important time in the baby's growth during those first 3 months. Will I be relaxed enough to enjoy our trip? And, will I have a moment that I'm not nauseous to enjoy the trip? - Plus side to waiting, Abbey and the baby will be around 2 1/2 yrs apart like we wanted.
- We aren't really ready right now, but then again when are you ever "ready" for a baby?! But if we tried now we would have another summer baby, and by the time we go to Mexico that baby will only be around 2 - 3 months old. Atleast there will be no sickness, but I will be breast feeding, and we would have a new born. Abbey and the baby would only be about 2 years apart maybe a little less. Plus side to getting preggers now, I wont be pregnant in Mexico and I can have a fancy drink on the beach with everyone else.
- My weight. I'm not the daintiest lady around these days. I know that I could use to lose a few pounds. And my doctor has recommended the same before we go get knocked up again. Plus side to waiting - I'd have time to shed some unwanted fluff and I'd be a healthier mom-to-be.
- I would love to be preggers with my friends. I know this is a selfish reason for not waiting, and shouldn't really be the deciding factor but.... I'm so stinkin' happy for all of my lovely friends that our pregnant right now. It makes me want to have a bun in the oven too! Maybe I can get this bug out of my system as soon as I hear about the morning sickness and lack of wine tasting they are experiencing.
I guess the answer for now is too wait. I'm a hard crowd to please though, my pro's and con's are really battling it out in this one!


Yeah, those pros and cons don't really give you a solid answer huh?! They still leave me on the fence too ;) If it helps, the morning sickness sucks and I miss my wine and sushi!! PS. LOVE that pic of Abbey spelling LOVE. How sweet!
ReplyDelete