Welcome to my blog! Keeping family and friends updated and involved in our life is not always easy, until now!
Thanks to technology now we can keep in touch! Hope you enjoy, and blog at you soon!
xoxo April

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whats wrong with a little Mix, in all the Routine?

Its been a long day... enjoyable, but long. Didn't quite turn out as planned. Woke up, Abbey slept in (2nd day in a row) until 7:30am, I in turn got an extra 20mins of shut eye. Took 10 whole minutes laying bed anticipating the best sound a mom can wake up to; Abbey's jibber-jabber, and what I like to call, her morning wake up songs. Morning routine goes as planned, a little breakfast (homemade pancakes of course), a little bit of "M-I-C-K-E-Y!!!!, M-O-U-S-E", go to get the clothes for the day and I'm stopped in my tracks to the bedroom with a loud Bang against the front porch. I run and look out the window and to my dismay, 4 trucks, 6 tree cutters, and one man with a clip board are all standing in the parking lot of our complex. Of course the 4 trucks are parked covering every last square foot of space in the parking lot. 2 Monster trucks with mean looking grinder things are park directly behind my car. I open the front door, and there is a tree lying on my front door step. I am stuck. In my own house. How long will I be stuck here? What if I need to go to the store? What if there's a fire? (ok I might be exaggerating here a bit but I was seriously thinking this!) I was mad. Yes, we did get a letter from the HOA stating that these tree mongrels would be here, but the letter clearly stated that they would be located in the EAST parking lot, not in MY parking lot!!



I was going to be one of those obnoxious residents and go yell at them in my pjs, slippers and baby in arm, but then it clicked. Hey - I can work from home, its a sign that I need to take sometime and spend the day with my ever so happy and lovable little girl. So, thats what we did, we stayed in our pj's until noon, watched a little Handy Mandy, and danced to the Hot Dog song. I got a few hours of work done while Abbey napped, and the day was over all pretty darn good. Days like these made me realize how luck I really am, to have the job I have, to have my family and friends. I really had a moment to reflect on all the good in my life. I guess sometimes we all need to be stuck at home and really enjoy our kids. Work, school, and routine will still be there tomorrow.

                      ____________________________________________________________

Hey all, if you haven't noticed, I've started a blog. I tried to do a family website, but it just didn't pan out like I was hoping. Plus, my computer decided it wasn't a fan of updating new posts or additions so it really decided for me to say goodbye to the website. I'm hoping to keep family, friends and whoever stumbles across this, up to date with our little family events, and some of my interests. I hope you enjoy and come back! Lets keep my fingers crossed that I can keep this up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment